EASN Conferences Publication Policy
Permanent aim of the EASN Association is to ensure excellence and high scientific merit of the EASN Conference series. Publication of high quality proceedings and special issues of reputable peer-reviewed international journals contribute to achieve this aim.
To this point, the previous (7th) EASN International Conference, held in Warsaw, Poland in September 2017 has been attended by more than 300 participants from various disciplines. In total, 250 oral presentations were included in the technical program. As far as the conference publication policy is concerned, the following facts & figures can be obtained:
- 150 full length papers were included in the Conference Proceedings published by EASN Association (ISSN: 2523-5052)
- 70 full length papers (47%) were published in special issues of several scientific journals following a peer-review process. More specifically:
9th EASN International Conference Publication Policy
Aiming at further improving the scientific merit of the forthcoming 9th EASN International Conference on “Innovation in Aviation & Space”, the Organizing Committee has already made the following publication arrangements.
- The Conference Proceedings will be published in a dedicated issue of the open access publication series MATEC Web of Conferences (e-ISSN: 2261-236X, indexed in Crossref). Acceptance of papers will be a subject of regular review process performed by the International Scientific Committee. Find more information regarding the upcoming Conference proceedings issue here.
- Prospective authors will also have the opportunity to publish their works in special issues of reputable international scientific journals. The special issues of the following journals have been confirmed:
More information regarding the 9th EASN International Conference available special issues can be found here.
AEROSPACE Best Paper Award
The full papers submitted for the Conference Proceedings will be peer reviewed by the International Scientific Committee. Following to this review process the Committee will decide on the Best Paper. The winner of the Best Paper Award will be offered the following:
- Aerospace will a waiver to the winner for free publication of an extended version in the journal following to peer review of the extended version. The journal will also promote the winner and his/her research in MDPI/Aerospace Newsletter and social media accounts, along with the short interview.
- EASN will offer a free Membership to EASN for one year as well as visibility through a relevant article in the EASN Newsletter including a short interview with the winner.
Important Note 1: Prospective authors will be required to warrant that the work is original and submitted for first publication in the respective scientific journal. All submitted manuscripts will be checked to avoid claims of plagiarism. In this context, overlaps with already published works, including the full length papers for the EASN Conference proceedings, should typically not exceed 30%. The accurate percentage of acceptable overlap is set by the respective journal.
Important Note 2: Each participant is entitled to give, at most, 2 presentations. In order for a work to be presented, included in the Conference proceedings and be eligible for the special issues, at least one author of this work, is needed to have a paid registration for the 9th EASN International Conference.