How to reach Salerno
Getting to Salerno is comfortable and fast Find below useful information:
Flying towards Salerno
> Through Naples International Airport (NAP): Aeroporto Internazionale di Napoli (NAP) / Naples International Airport is located 60 km far from Salerno. It connects Napoli and Salerno with many European destinations, including important European hub airports. Visit the Napoli International Airport (NAP) website for more details.
NAP Connection to Salerno:
- By Bus: The airport is connected to Salerno by bus (BUONOTOURIST - EUROBOOKING or SITA: 45 minutes). More information can be found here.
- By Train: ALIBUS connects the Airport to Napoli Centrale train station/Stazione Centrale in Naples (around 15 minutes, ticket of 3 €). There, regional trains (as well as high speed trains) allow one to arrive to Salerno station in a 40 minutes trip.
- By Car: If you prefer to rent a car, you can reach Salerno via A30 or E45 motorways.
- By Taxi: The private taxi company Milko Service can pick you up at the Airport and take you to Salerno. The company can arrange both private and shared transfer. If you want to book a transfer, you can directly write an e-mail to Milko De Maio: firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost of a private transfer from Napoli International Airport to Salerno city centre is around 60 €.
> Through Rome Fiumicino Airport (FCO): Alternatively, it is possible to reach Salerno form the Fiumicino Airport (FCO) in Rome by the following ways:
FCO Connection to Salerno:
- By Train: Two options can be found in order to reach Salerno by train:
- ItaliaRail from Fiumicino
- Leonardo Express Train from Fiumicino to Roma Termini train station and then take a train from Rome to Salerno. You can use Italo or Trenitalia.
- By Car: If you prefer to rent a car, you can reach Salerno via E1 / A45 motorways.
Other options to reach Salerno
> By Train: Salerno train station is the main train station of the city, located in Salerno city centre. High speed trains (treni ad alta velocità, TAV), regional and urban trains stop at Salerno train station. High speed trains (Italo, Trenitalia) connect Salerno city with many Italian cities: Napoli (0h40m), Roma (1h50m), Firenze (3h50m), Milano (5h30m), Torino (6h30m), Venezia (6h00m).
> By Car: Three main motorways (Autostrada) connect Salerno with motorway network: A2, A3, A30. The main routes are listed below
- Autostrada A3 (north) Salerno-Napoli
- Autostrada A30 (north) Salerno + Autostrada A16 (west) Napoli
- Autostrada A30 (north) Salerno + Autostrada A1 (north) Caserta-Roma-Firenze-Bologna-Milano
- Autostrada A30 (north) Salerno + Autostrada A16 (east) Avellino-Benevento-Bari-Adriatic seaside
- Autostrada A2 (south) Salerno-Reggio Calabria
> By Ferry: Salerno port is connected to few Mediterranean destinations for passengers service (Palermo, Messina, Tunis).
Find more information about your options regarding reaching Salerno here.